Autumn is just around the corner and you know what that means, the weather is cooling down and its campfire season! Take advantage of the cool fall evenings with a camping trips and great recipes! Who knew you could have gourmet recipes with a campfire and some foil! Check out our list of 3 fun fall camping recipes they are perfect for the whole family and something everyone is sure to love!
1. The Foil Potato Boat Dinner
What you’ll need:
- Large potatoes, baked
- Sliced ham
- Cooked bacon slices
- cheese slices
- Sour cream for topping
- Green Onion (for topping – optional)
2. Between the cuts, stuff a slice of cheese, bacon and ham.
3. Add small dabs of butter on top of each of the slices. Salt & pepper to taste.
5. Wrap potato in double layer of tin foil lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
6. Place on a hot BBQ for 20+ minutes…until potato is hot and cheese, ham & bacon have melted together and it looks toasty and good! Top the Potato Boat dinner with sour cream and green onion if you like and Enjoy!
via [Echoes of Laughter]
2. Campfire Quesadillas
3. Hobo Hamburgers
1 1/2 lb ground beef
1 cup cracker crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
2 teaspoon Paula Deen’s House Seasoning (salt and pepper works too!)
4 medium red potatoes, sliced thin
1 large onion, sliced thin
4 carrots, peeled and cut into strips
4 slices bacon
1. In a large bowl combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, egg, lemon juice, cheese, green pepper and House Seasoning. Mix well. Shape into 4 patties.
2. Place each patty onto 2 layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil (enough to cover and close). On each patty, place potato slices, onion slice, and carrots. Slice bacon in half and place both slices on top. Seal aluminum foil tightly and cook on campfire or in a 350 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes.
via [Paula Deen]