Dutch oven and camping? Who would have guessed that these two things would go together, but it’s the perfect way to make excellent meals that the whole family will enjoy! Planning a trip soon? Check out these simple recipes! Just a little bit of preparation will allow you to have a delicious homemade feast on your next camping trip!
Dutch Oven Jamabalaya
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bell peppers
- Andouille Sausage
- Cajun Seasoning
1. Add your bacon first. This gets all the good grease from the bacon going in the pot. Put lid on and let cook a couple minutes. Next add your garlic and onions. Put lid on and let cook a couple minutes more.
2. Stir in your bell peppers and jalapenos.
3. Cut up the chicken into big thumb sized chunks. Cover the chicken with a good coating of the cajun spices.
4. Now throw in the chicken and andouille sausage into the dutch oven and let cook for a few minutes.
Next you want to fill up the oven with water until it covers what’s in the pot. (Measure how much water you add because
you are going to be adding rice against that measurement.)
5. Let everything cook in the water for a bit. Stir and turn the dutch oven occasionally.
6. Now add your rice. You want to add half as many cups of rice as the water you put in. So if you put in 8 cups of water, you want to add 4 cups of rice for example. Stir it up and put the lid on and sit back and wait for the magic.
via [Truly Simple]
Dutch Oven Monkey Bread
What you’ll need:
- 2 containers of biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 stick of butter
1. Grab your biscuits and open them
2. Separate the biscuits and cut them into quarters.
3. Put all cut pieces onto a separate plate.
4. On a separate plate pour out your sugar and brown sugar and cinnamon
5. Dip the biscuits into the mix and coat on all sides
6. In a separate pot, melt your stick of butter.
7. Get the dutch oven out and line it with aluminum foil.
8. Spray it with non stick cooking spray.
9. Put all the biscuits in the dutch over and cover with the melted butter.
10. Cook for about 10-15 minutes over the coals. Check it so it doesn’t burn.
11. Open the lid and sprinkle on a little more of the leftover sugars and cinnamon mix and let cook for another few minutes.
via [Truly Simple]